No compass? No worries!
We are happy to announce a NEW app “Gyrocompass 3D”. Gyrocompass 3D is a software compass built on gyro, camera, and accurate celestial maps that works even on devices with no compass inside!
The concept behind iPod touch augmented reality is very simple - when you know your location and have the gyro to detect movements, all you need to replace the compass is to tell your iPod where the Sun is. Simply point the built-in iPod camera towards any sky object, for instance the Sun (or the Moon) and swipe the app generated sky to match the real one, and voila… you have a fully functioning software compass which has even more precision than the one in an iPhone or iPad.
How to use the GyroCompass 3D:
1) Make sure that you allow the app to use your current location.
2) Tilt your iPod towards the sky and match the appearing images with what you actually see above you in the sky. Quick hint: choose a bright object (e.g. the Sun or the Moon).
3) Done! Enjoy your augmented reality with a three-dimensional compass hanging in the air!ATTENTION: This app requires iPhone 4 or 4th generation iPod Touch.
- Roll, Heading, Pitch measurments
- No Internet connection required
- Stunning intuitive interface